Re: Netbook Oriented Linux Distributions Accessibility

If you're going to go the Vinux/Ubuntu route then I'd suggest you take a look at the Vinux wiki page at http://vinuxproject.org/wiki/doku.php

You generally use Thunderbird to handle your email and Firefox to browse the web. Nautilus is the file manager you'll probably use. There are several options to listen to MP3's. gedit is a great text editor that uses a lot of the same key strokes you're used to in Windows editors. Libre Office is also very accessible if you want a MS Office like suite. I'm not sure about DAISY book reading myself, but I'm sure someone on the Vinux support list can answer that question.