Re: Spinrite.

I don't know how well it will work with NTFS, but I've used photorec
in the passed to recover files from harddrives. One selects the type
of files to recover from an ncurses based menu, and it gets dumped in
a directory of one's choosing. The man page claims it's safe to use on
the actual partition of the harddrive, as it doesn't write to the
drive.

Take care,

Rynhardt