Re: Followup on Error Script: Second Response

Hey There,

I may have jumped the gun on this one. You see, finding that I
had no "admin" account as such, I figured that you probably meant
root, so I tried that command thinking it would get me into my
root or administrator's account. I was told to do
"apt-get install root", which I did. Now, when ever I type root,
I find myself in "root, and typing exit takes me to a second
root, thence to a third root and so on. I do not think this is
what you were talking about, so I may need to uninstall this root
program, but I do not know the uninstall command from the prompt.

I then did as you instructed and did
"useradd riverwind audio <cr>". This didn't seem to effect my
groups lineup, so I can only conclude that I was not in my admin
account. When wishing to affect any changes to my system such as
installations and the like, my machine seems to prefer that I use
sudo, as it prompts me for my administrator's password.

If I indeed have an administrator's account, how might I access
it? I do know that audio is not among my groups when typing
groups from the prompt.

cheerio,
Riv

My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net