Re: Where do I fine readline and readline-dev

On November  4, 2013, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Ubuntu systems. Neither has readline or readline-dev
> in its repository. where can I find them? I'm investigating the Lua
> programming language and want to compile the source. These
> dependencies seem to be required.

On Debian (and thus likely Ubuntu), I believe it's installed as
"libreadline" and "libreadline-dev" so you can just issue

  sudo apt-get install libreadline{,-dev}

to install both (showcasing Bash's brace expansion, a handy tool if
you haven't used it either).

-tim