Re: Any Accurate O C R Programs in DOS I can run in Linux?

Well, I was goiing to say that too -- that the problem with tesseract probably wasn't the quality of the OCR itself but the orientation and cropping. But that's small consolation to someone who is used to having their software deal with all that on it's own. There probably is something out there in open-source land that does the rotation, at least. If 20% of the words in the text aren't in the dictionary, rotate the image and try again. Something like that would be easy enough to write. But if there is something like that available as open source, I am unaware of it.