Re: Speed test for internet.

I just use wget and download files as normal. It always shows the download speed after the file is downloaded. Lynx and ncftp work just as well. There are dedicated speed test sites, but most require Java and they aren't "real-world" tests. They are usually very fast, so you think you get better speed than reality. I would rather download a big file from a regular site that I visit like archive.org and see what wget says. You can also use youtube-dl if there is a video on YouTube that you want. Anything over 10 MB should be a good test.