Re: wget and sourceforge.net downloads

I have a similar problem with libsyn.com downloads. As already suggested, I use the -O switch to wget which helps, but for SourceForge, there might be a better way. First, I know that Gentoo and the FreeBSD ports system download directly from SF mirrors presumably without the problems, so you could try superb-east.sourceforge.net instead of downloads.sourceforge.net the next time. Alternatively, if you don't mind ftp downloads from Ireland, you can go to:

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/

where the complete Sourceforge mirror is available for download by subdirectory. For example, "nvda" would be under n/nv/nvda, so it's a few more steps, but you can easily see all project releases in one directory.