Re: Orca or EmacSpeak

What software speech does emacspeak work with these days?  Thanks!

Al

On 1/28/2013 6:19 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Run it and you go into the emacspeak environment and remain in the
emacspeak environment until you shut emacspeak down.  I think a version
of emacspeak has been built that will run on mac's and use the mac's
resources to speak.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, mattias wrote:

how do you use emacspeak in graphical environment?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jude DaShiell" <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Orca or EmacSpeak

emacspeak provides its own environment not a text console.  You can run a
text console from emacspeak when necessary and doing so puts all of the
power tools in your hands Linux has to offer so it's an advantage to learn
especially if you're going for a real Linux sysadmin job or doing any
other real Linux work since most of the young sighted competitors you have
will focus primarily on the graphical user interface.  This trend with the
younger Linux workers gets older managers frustrated when younger workers
either can't do something at all or take too long to do it because they're
using the mouse and the graphical user interface when some of the older
managers can do tasks with the text console and keyboard in half the time