Re: linux and floppy drive

Testing on that floppy is finished.  The floppy is detected in dmesg.log
and times out on the boot process last attempt to contact it.  It is
correctly detected as a 1.44Mb floppy too.  I couldn't find any probe
stuff in dosfsutils either.  So I got a boot disk and tried it on an old
dos machine and it worked well enough for me to know disk integrity was
not trashed part of provox came up and beeped correctly at me.  That same
boot disk did not boot on the machine where Linux is located so the drive
on the linux box is not capable of working.  I would have got back to you
sooner but I had a surprise doctor's visit to make yesterday and it took
me a few minutes to locate a boot disk.On Fri, 5 Oct 2012, Tony Baechler