Re: linux and floppy drive

No, I'm not talking about dosfsutils. I'm talking about fdutils. It's a different package. I'm not surprised that mkfs.ext2 wouldn't work. The only other idea I have is to try with a different machine or a different disk. I only suggest fdutils because it's supposed to probe for a floppy drive. I think fdformat is part of dosfsutils and not the same thing.