Re: audio capturing in LInux?

Hi Larry,
Indeed on the sound cloud situation. I understand though, which is is why I asked about a comparative program to audio hijack pro that one can just play the file and capture it that way. The workshop I desire has two players, the audio is embedded, with the swf extension, flash? A slightly different format more opensource is being represented as an apple alternative.
but the on line webnirs take place in real time, so I wonder about those?
Karen