Re: video file playing in debian?

Lynx is available in Debian and will allow you to play links directly. It's been quite some time since I've used it, but if I remember correctly, I think you just need to specify the MIME types of the files you want played and what progrem you want to use to open them. This is done in /etc/mime.types if I remember correctly.
~Kyle