Re: apt-get problem

Heythanks so much; I appreciate the tip. I shall certainly have a go at it.

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, blinux-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 22:01:23PM -0400, RiverWind wrote:
Quote On:
apt-get install rar
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package rar is not available, but is referred to by another
package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been
obsoleted, or is only available from another source

E: Package 'rar' has no installation candidate
Quote Off:

i see a note in an old "rar" package readme file that states that rar
compression may be proprietary, so in my old system i don't have "rar",
but i do have "unrar".  so, try it again with "unrar" instead of "rar".

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York