Re: how to build SVox Pico from source

Do you want the sources from the Android git or do you want the Debian sources that include the build system? The Android sources can be downloaded by doing

git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/external/svox.git svox-pico

If you want the source that includes the build system, do

git clone -b upstream+patches git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/svox.git svox-pico

Without the -b upstream+patches, the resulting source you will receive appears to be a mirror of the Android git.

The patches that allow SVox Pico to build with the --as-needed flag and fix the segfault on 64-bit systems are packaged together in a small tarball at
You don't have to be using Arch to apply either of these patches, and you probably only need fix-64bits.patch. If you have a 32-bit machine, you don't need either patch. If you do need the 64-bit patch, the link I provided is just the easiest one for me to find, since it's in my AUR package, but you can also find the patch in the Android issue tracker somewhere. I apologize that I don't have the direct link, but my version is an exact copy.
~Kyle