Re: Twitter client

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Tom Masterson wrote:

Can anyone suggest a console based twitter client?

I'm not sure how many options there are. I've been using TTYtter for awhile (http://www.floodgap.com/software/ttytter/). It's written in Perl and seems to be pretty flexible and versatile. The developer is also pretty open to feedback and fixing bugs.

Also what is the most accessible gnome based twitter client?

I've only tried one, the microblogging plugin for Pidgin. It works OK but I don't see how to do Twitter-type things like retweets etc, and any keypress tends to throw you into the text window which is a bit annoying. Still, at least it seems to read OK.

There was some talk at one stage of a Linux port of Qwitter, but I've not heard anything lately about it.

Geoff.