Re: Notetakers and another question

Hi John:

You may be right. I am considering breaking down and buying a netbook with a 20-cell Braille display like Easylink or something like that. I just bought a KNFB reader so I haven't made any more purchases yet. I have resisted buying a laptop just because I want Braille but don't necessarily want to have to carry two pieces of equipment. However, I may have to change my tune since many notetakers aren't able to do everything I want to be able to do on the road.

I've got an extra computer in one of my bedrooms that I would like to turn into a Linux box, but I only have one Braille display for my main PC running Vista. Do you suggest putting speakup or Brltty on the machine itself or can I just use SSH to access it? Thanks again for answering my ignorant questions.