Wordperfect for Linux

Greetings,

I've been a Wordperfect addict for the last 25 years. At present, I'm running wp6.0 using Dosemu. However, I've got my hands on wp8.0, hopefully both the GUI and the textmode versions. But when I try to install it I get the message "Invalid environment variable TERM=linux" in a textmode console and "Invalid environment variable TERM=xterm" when running the installation script in a Gnome terminal. I'm asked to offer a new TERM value.

Does anybody have any experience of wp8.0?

Suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Bertil