Re: the linux cookbook

Does anyone know where I can get the Linux cookbook?

Which one? There are two by that name: one by Michael Stutz and one by Carla Schroder. I have the first edition of Stutz's book (published by No Starch Press) in paperback and it was a good read, and the 2nd edition is out now. It's available freely online at http://dsl.org/cookbook/cookbook_toc.html and is well worth the read. Carla's is published by O'Reilly press and it was pretty good the last time I read it, but it's a very different book and I'd recommend Stutz's as a first place to start.

-tim