Re: printing signs from command line

A sighted friend had a look at cat biglots.txt | lpr. The amount of lines was correct but not all the characters made it through. No consistency in what was stripped either. I tried a2ps -Eplain -v -B --borders=no biglots.txt because those parameters were in /etc/a2ps.cfg on the User Option: lp line. What came back was no "print" mailcap rule for Plain/text exists as an error.