Re: FTP servers

First, ncftp is not an ftp server. Please check your terminology. If you mean ncftpd, it is not free and must be purchased unless you're an educational site.

I prefer pure-ftpd because it's more secure and doesn't require config files. You can use a wrapper to support a config file if you want, but it's not necessary. It seems faster and more stable than Proftpd but that could be my imagination. I know that pure-ftpd hasn't had any security advisories that I'm aware of, unlike proftpd. The Internet Archive used to use pure-ftpd when they offered ftp download support.

Hart Larry wrote:
Well Christian, I really like ncftp, as it has an option to delete files from the other end once successful. However, while I can grab complete directories, I cannot delete them like completed files.
Hart