Problems with Ubuntu on net book!

Hello, I am running Ubuntu 8.10 on my Acer Aspire 1. Orca is not working properly (crashes, is unresponsive and does not always start properly). I am generating a debug file in the hope or fixing this problem but can any-one recommend another distro that performs well on this type of net book and is accessible?

Thanks

Jen!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3983 (20090402) __________

http://www.eset.com