Re: Cross-platform braille rpinting?

I believe ASCII 12 is the page feed character. It doesn't matter if you are sending it from Windows or Linux. I would think you might want to use the NFBtrans Braille translator and let it format the text for you. You can tell it not to use Grade 2 and just print Computer Braille or whatever Braille code you want , ifI remember correctly.
The code is mostly written in C and can be compiled on Linux quite easily.
A lot of Braille embossers allow you to set the interpretation of the linefeed to either CR or CR/LF, but this isn't desirable, because it is easier to control it with software. On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Mario Lang wrote:

Hi.

As soneone who last time used a real-world braille printer
approximately ten years ago under DOS, I find myself in need to
write code to print braille on different platforms (Linux, Windows, possibly MacOSX).

Is anyone here familiar with the details of how the text stream sent
to the printer needs to be formatted?  How, for instance, are
pagebreaks indicated?  In UNIX, I am used to ASCII character 12,
but given the CRLF/LF Windows/UNIX linefeed differences, I am guessing
it isn't that simple.  What do commonly used braille rpinters expect?

Additionally, what braille mapping do they expect?  Since I am
printing dot patterns, it is very important that what I send
is what ends up on paper in dots.  I guess I am asking too
much from nowadays braille printers to understand unicode braille?
If so, what mappings are typically configurable on a braille printer,
and what is the default, if any?

Thanks for every help you can give me
--
CYa,