installing speech

Hi Scott,

yes, I am using Ubuntu version 8.10 and not version 8.11. I'll follow your suggestion later on in the day. By the way, have you any experience of the Asus model 901 using Linux and speech? Looks very interesting. I still use DOS version 6 everyday on my old Digital 486 to perform many functions so Linux to me is just new and a learning curve. I'll let you know how it goes installing the new speech.

Many thanks
ivan