Re: Harddisk cloning software

Does anyone know some harddisk cloning software that is accessible?

The common tool is just to use the "dd" program from the command-line to clone one drive to another one. It's somewhat dangerous if misused, so BE CAREFUL to read the man-pages carefully. However, the basics would be (assuming "hda" is your source and "hdb" is your destination drive) something like

  dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb

BE CAREFUL. I've tromped atop my hard-drive using this before (accidentally getting the wrong destination device), so make sure you've got a backup and you triple-check your parameters.

-tim

PS:  Did I mention to BE CAREFUL?  *smile*