swf2mp3 in Linux?

Hi All: More-and-more I am finding media which is in a flash swf format. Just the other day I actually downloaded a 9mb file of a 1948 Humphrey Civil Rights speech, however, so far an only way we could play it was to go in x--and use an actual Adobe player. From the console we tried many options with gnash with no luck. I ran google searches for swf2mp3 as well as flash2mp3 but only found windows software. Ultimately, sure it would be nice to play these files, but would be even greater to convert to either an audio format, or .mp4 if its really video. Can some1 please inform if there are Linux software for this--and-thanks in advance
Hart