Re: screen: cut and paste

Oh ok, how do I append? Or did you say that already?

While in scroll-back mode (the control+A left-sq-bracket) mode, press the letter "a".

The man-page on screen details a lot more of the scroll-back capabilities in the section on "copy". If "less" is your man-pager, you can use

  /^\s*copy$

to search for start of the section in the man-page. There are a lot of other features such as controlling line-joining, copying various-shaped blocks (rectangular, character-wise and line-wise), showing line-numbers, append-mode, writing to the "screen-exchange" file, and swapping which end-point the cursor is on. I don't use most of them, but it's helpful to know they're there.

-tim