Re: OCR on linux

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Willem van der Walt wrote:

The different ocr engines differ on which formats they supported, but
install imagemagic and use a command like
convert file.jpg file.png
to get the image into the correct format for the engine.

Oh ok. I'll give it a try.

ocropus used to require png but I susspect now-a-days it might accept
other image formats too.

Good

If I was to buy a new scanner what model is the easiest to set up and the best supported?
What one would you recommend?

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/