Re: Debian 2.6.24 Speakup kernel packages now available

I don't use grub and haven't yet installed my custom kernel packages, but they are built the same way that Debian builds them. That means that you shouldn't have to edit anything and it requires an initrd image, just as the official kernels do. You might need to run lilo or update-grub after install, I don't know, but it requires perl and debconf for configuration so I think it does this automatically. I suggest looking at the kernel-package package to see what I used. It says it follows the same rules as normal Debian kernels but allows easier customization.