To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: MySQL Curses interface

Actually, that wouldn't work unless I install another copy of Apache. It's a business server with active sites. If Apache only listens on localhost, those sites go down. If I can set phpmyadmin to only respond to connections from localhost, that would help. I definitely don't want it available to the outside world because I've seen too many security advisories for both MySQL and phpmyadmin to take a chance.

John G. Heim wrote:
You could get around the security problem by configuring the web server to listen only on the localhost address, 127.0.0.1. Then ssh to the server and run lynx connecting to the localhost.