Re: MySQL Curses interface

Just to clarify one point, you don't run orca on the remote server so it doesn't matter if your database server has a sound card or not. If your desktop has a sound card then you could do what Janina suggests. The only thing that has to be running on the remote server is a web server like apache.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Baechler" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 3:45 AM
Subject: Re: MySQL Curses interface

Thanks, but that won't help me. This would be running on a production server at a remote location with ssh, so the only browser I could use would be Lynx the cat or a similar text browser. Yes, I can make phpmyadmin available remotely but that poses unnecessary security risks. It would be impossible for me to run Orca on that server anyway as it doesn't even have a sound card and it is impossible for me to access it locally.

Janina Sajka wrote:
No, I don't know of a ncurses mysql interface. However, I would like to report that phpMyAdmin now appears to work pretty well with Orca and
Firefox 3.

Janina

Tony Baechler writes:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a means of working with MySQL databases via a curses interface. I looked through Debian with all the keywords I could think of but only found GUI clients. The problem with the regular MySQL Monitor is that it's very hard to use unless you know SQL which I definitely don't. I guess I'm looking for something like phpmyadmin or mysql-admin but that doesn't require a web browser or a GUI. Do you have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.