Re: syncing mail and address book

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Willem van der Walt wrote:

I am not really sure what you want to do, but your new mail is storred in
/var/mail/name where name is the user name who's mail it is, like,
/var/mail/joe will contain the new mail/inbox of user joe.
Joe's alpine mail is in /home/joe/.mail which is a directory containing
the mail folders like sentmail, savedmessages etc.
You can simply copy these folders around if this will achieve what you
want.  You can allso append one to another, like:
cat laptopnewmail >> /var/mail/joe
Note the two greaterthan signs for appending.

Thanks, but that will give me duplicates of messages...
And with the mail dir if I copy it then I'll lose desktop mail.
I know it would be very easy to append in bash though; this isn't really what I want since I'll have lots of duplicate messages.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/