Re: Talk on Debian accessibility by Samuel Thibault

Samuel Thibault wrote:
While the video files have been available since 29 February 2008 according to the directory listing, they are very big and not easy to play. I got CRC errors with the mpeg file in MPlayer and Winamp on Windows would not play the MPEG file at all.

Note that there are .ogg versions too.

Hi,

Yes, but the .ogg files are even larger than the MPEG files and also would not easily play on Windows when last I checked. I first looked at the .ogg files because I thought they would be smaller. I was surprised at the large size. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong directory? Also, they are apparently not standard Vorbis files even though they have the .ogg extension. They also contain both audio and video streams. I don't know of a way to separate the audio stream into its own file but I haven't looked at the vorbis-tools package yet.