Braille installation

Hi all
I wrote to this list some days ago but didn't got an answer so far, so I'll try again :) I want to install my Baum-Braille Display on a Ubuntu machine. According to some advice I found in the web it should work the way like I configured BRLTTY and everything, but the braille just doesn't make a move. What am I doing wrong? Does BRLTTY need some special program to recognise a serial braille, when it's connected to the computer via its USB-Port?
Thanks a lot
Moritz