Working Through File Command?

Hi All:  This was certainly a hard subject-line to ask about?
I wonder if I can search for or delete files in a directory based on what "file" reports? You see, I am still trying to enjoy Mutella, a file sharing program. However, now much of the time my searches are hijacked--and while the files may actually have an mp3 extention, they are apple or isa media, according to file. Sure I can nuke them from the directory, but if there were a way to enter a system command in Mutella or in my searches to ignore these other file types. Especially last 2-weeks its gotten so bad I closed out Mutella, but I really would like a better solution. I have a quite large list of exception words in all my searches, but I figure I could have more accurate results if I can use the file command. Any suggestions please. In linux, other than Mutella, I had run overnet. Thanks in advance
Hart