Re: accessible sip client

Hi,

Are you looking for aps under Gnome or console?

Under the console you have a few options:

First you can use Asterisk directly with the sound card stuff. I used this for a long time.

There are three SIP clients for the console that I know of, two of which I never got working but I was trying to compile from source on a machine running some old versions of things.

Twinkle is in C and has quite a few dependencies. I know of a few people who are using it. www.twinklephone.com

Shtoom is a SIP phone written in Python. A release has not been roled for a long time and anyone who uses it seems to be using the developmention version from SVN. http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/ShtoomProject

The only one I've managed to use is linphone. It also has a GUI, but it as a simple text interface which works. The command syntax is a bit exacting but it works. For the English page, visit http://www.linphone.org/index.php/eng

NOte that Linphone 2.0 is out but I've not tried it.

Hope some of this helps.

Geoff.