To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: debian and speakup

http://people.debian.org/~shane/netinst/ download the netinst iso file then burn it to a CD. I'm using debian with speakup as I write so yes it does work. When you boot that CD, there are some kernels on it. The one you want to boot is 26test followed by a space and the name of your hardware synthesizer ltlk for litetalk in my case then hit return. There is a mainmenu on demand program up on the http://www.acbradio.org of a debian speakup install demonstration. If you can find what episode that is and listen to it first you'll probably do okay.