Re: Quick question before I do something silly?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janina Sajka" <janina@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: Quick question before I do something silly?

Hey, John:

John Heim writes:
I got a bootable diskette with FreeDOS and jaws for DOS though. So I had it
so that my PC would come up talking when booted from a diskette

Any chance you'd be willing to share a dd image of that disk? Even if
you removed JAWS, it would still be helpful to see the configuration.

Sure -- , except that I'll have to recreate the FreeDOS version. When it didn't work for installing Windows, I tried again with real MS-DOS. For some reason I couldn't get that to work either but I don't remember why. I think the version of MS-DOS I happen to have doesn't support FAT32 at all.

But I'm fairly sure I can recreate the FreeDOS version by simply making a bootable FreeDOS diskette and then copying the files over. I believe that's all I did to build the MS-DOS version from the FreeDOS version. I don't have any time tonight but I'll get to it this weekend.

Oh, one catch... The complete jaws for DOS package doesn't fit on a diskette. I deleted all the drivers except for those for an external doubletalk. So it isn't going to talk for you unless you have a doubletalk.