Re: ot: lynx friendly survey sites?

Many survey sites/systems will use javascript because it is easier and faster to do input verification that way. You can do it without sending info back to the server and don't need to track everything and serve up a new/modified page if there are errors or missed info that is required. You can also avoid having to make your customer refill in everything with some quick checks. That is why a form that you would think is just html form fileds would use javascript. In fact almost all forms are just html form fields modified by javascript for verification.

I have done the same thing and then put something on the back end that also verified the input for those with out javascript but my server side check does not always refill in the fields so if you don't have javascript you start over with a blank form (and something that tells you what you missed the first time). I know sloppy but when you have to write it in a hurry...

Tom