Re: lynx

Janina Sajka wrote:

Since this literally a popup box in the
middle of other text already displayed from the page, you'll need to
learn to ignore the "background words" that Speakup will read out. These
will surround the selection option, both before and after it. Speakup
isn't given any programmatic basis to ignore background text. This is
one place where graphical browsers have an edge over Speakup and Lynx,
but a little practice will probably suffice for working with drop downs.

I notice that more recent versions of Speakup have highlight as a cursor tracking option. Does this cope with the option box problem? I don't have a new enough version on my machine so haven't tested it.

Geoff.