Re: Speakup with espeak

On 19/11/2007 7:58 PM, Willem van der Walt wrote:
First make sure that espeak is speaking from the command line.

It is.

It is possible to use ibm viavoice now called ttsynth.
I think it is $40 at capital accessability.

Ok I will look into that once I get this working...

Rebooting is likely to be the easyest for restarting the programs.

I'll do that then.

Make sure that the addmodule line for espeak is uncommented.

It looks to be.
I do the following:
-Change defaultmodule to espeak_generic
-also changed a default language thing from flite to espeak_generic.
What else do I need to do?
I reboot and hear no speech.
Could someone maybe send me their speechd-up.conf file to me off list with the espeak stuff already configured?
Thanks.