Re: fedora 7 and some problems, ttsynth and brltty

Hello!
Yeah, I noticed that too. it was hidden somewhere in the readme, I didn't see it.

Also, unfortunately the speakup modified fedora 7 image didn't work for me, it said something that the dvd image didn't match /couldn't find the correct media that matched from the boot one, someting like that.

I have the iso for the normal fedora with braille support, and that works, shall I upload that one to my site too for you to try?

An important note about brltty in fedora 7, when you install brltty it autodetects your braille display, you only need to type brltty, and if you prefer you can have a translation table with the -t option
yum install brltty will install brltty 3.8
And finally, I've got a kernel question.
If I compile a new kernel with speakup built in, do I need to do another initrd.img, or can I use that initrd that is allready in the old kernel?

if I need to do a new one, how do I do it?

Do I need to compile a new kernel? or can I just install the speakup kernel rpm?

/Kristoffer
----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Shang" <Geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>