Re: GRML and Linux with Software Synth on Dell Enspiron2600 Laptop

Good idea,
You might also need the following:
dd, chroot, nc and  nano for those of us who never went vi <grin>

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, John Heim wrote:

> You know, why don't we make our own system rescue CD?
>
> I already have my own rescue CD. It's really customized to my hardware.  But
> I'll bet I could have it cleaned up in a few days. It's kind of nice in that
> if I don't have my doubletalk connected at boot, it starts software speech
> automatically.  I'm thinking of adding a grub menu that allows you to select
> different hardware synths. The default config has no hardware synth. The
> second item is doubletalk, etcetra.
>
> The only thing about me making a rescue CD is that I'm no expert on rescuing a
> computer.  I wouldn't know which tools to include.  My rescue CD contains the
> stuff that is put on via the "Fully Automated Install" open source project. I
> know I can mount, fdisk, and use vi. I guess about 99% of rescues involve just
> mount and vi.
>
> I'm taking tomorrow off. (The Green Bay Packers play a game tonight.) I'll bet
> I can put this together in a weekend.

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

CallCentre@xxxxxxxxxxx

NOTE: The CSIR (http://www.csir.co.za/) has formally adopted the open document format
(ODF) as the standard to support open access to information.
More information on the ODF is available at http://opendocumentfellowship.org/
and the official web site of the non-profit organisation for the
Advancement of Structured Information Standards (http://www.oasis-open.org/home/index.php).
The latest copy of OpenOffice can be downloaded from http://www.openoffice.org/.
Enquiries regarding the CSIR's move to open source software can be directed to vula@xxxxxxxxxx