To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:59 AM
Subject: Re: ubuntu linux

cody wrote:

Please, do some homework before asking all these questions. Via voice is no longer continued/supported and besides it's proprietary.

It is now available as TTSynth.  See TTSynth.com

It is of course proprietory, but it is supported by a number of applications.

disclaimer: I've done some coding work on TTSynth.com so may have a vested interest in the above statement. But it is nevertheless true.

Gnopernicus is also dead and planted.

I actually thought it was still being developed. certainly there was development still going on 12 months ago.

No there are no accessible games.

Sure there are. games for the console go back to the dark ages. And if you like text adventures, there are more than you could possibly find time to play. Just get a Z-code interpreter like Frotz or Xzip (Xzip is not an X11 application) and go visit ifarchive.org

Geoff.