games

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

That's incorrect. For example, Nethack has a mode for screen reader users:

Interesting.  It's nice to see that sort of info in the manual.

I sometimes play angband and vms-empire; both of these are quasi-text-based games similar to nethack in terms of their user interface.

I brief hunt around with Google found me:

http://www.klangogames.com/en/pmg/

It wasn't clear to me, from looking at the site, that it will run natively on Linux. If it doesn't, then it might work using wine. No one has tried to play accessible games using wine that I know of, though. It would be interesting to see the result if someone tries it, but I would only suggest it after becoming familiar with Linux and its filesystem and editing configuration files.

linuxcommand.org would be a good site to look at; it gives a good introduction to the command line and the filesystem.

-Mike