Re: ubuntu linux

Karen Lewellen wrote:

quick additional question. Is there anywhere a review of those two screen readers? Something that discusses their pros and cons?

Comparing Speakup with Orca is like comparing apples to oranges. speakup is for the text console whereas Orca is for the Gnome desktop. And while it is true that you can access the console through gnome-terminal, the little I've seen of Orca suggests to me that this is equivalent to using JFW in a DOS box...it can work quite nicely, but it's not ideal.

ORCA, LSR and Gnopernicus are all screen readers for Gnome, and there are other console-based screen readers. Comparitive reviews of these would probably be more helpful.

Geoff.