Re: Wireshark

Has anyone successfully used Wireshark from
www.wireshark.org
with a screen reader?

While I can't say I've used wireshark with a screen-reader, they also provide "tshark" which is a console-mode version of wireshark:

www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/tshark.html

www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/AppToolstshark.html

This should make it accessible to your favorite console screen reader (yasr/speakup/whatever).

I don't know what distro you run, but it should be available in Debian/Ubuntu as simply

	apt-get install tshark

There's also "tcpdump"

	http://www.tcpdump.org

and "ngrep" (net-grep)

	http://ngrep.sourceforge.net

which should allow similar functionality.

Chained with some sed/awk scripts (or some python/perl/ruby scripting), they should allow you to create similar functionality.

Hope this helps,

-tim