Re: Updating Gnome on Debian

You can follow the status of 2.18 packages on this page -
http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.18-status.html . Many of the
packages have already propagated to sid (unstable), some of them are
stuck at an older version or are not included at all, and some are only
available through the 'experimental' repository, because they fail on
some architectures.

To access the experimental repository, add a line such as
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ experimental main
to your /etc/apt/sources.list file, apt-get update, and be on your way.

Yair.