To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: installing debian

Hi,

Kristoffer Gustafsson, le Wed 18 Apr 2007 13:45:27 +0200, a écrit :
Can I get a description on how to install debian 4 with brltty?

http://brl.thefreecat.org/wiki/moin.cgi/debian

You said on this list that it auto detects usb devices.

It does, yes.

I want to install using my braille voyager, do I need to sepcify
something when booting the dvd as with fedora core 6?

If connected via usb, no.

Also, how many dvd images is debian 4?

3, but you usually don't need all of them (the most used programs are
stored first in the CDs/DVDs). If you have a good internet connection
(like 1MB/s), just get the netinst image. If you have a not so good
internet connection, just get the first CD. If you have a poor internet
connection, get the first DVD. If you really don't have an internet
connection, then it may be useful to get all DVDs.

Samuel