Ripping Multiple Streams to 1 File?

Hi All: I am right now ripping wmv streams of a Presidential Candidates forum, with m player. However, I would really rather have 1 longer file than several individual candiate files. Are their simple ways to do this? Some1 suggested I try multiple urls on the commandline. If I were to cat the files, would it distroy any formatting?
Thanks so much in advance
Hart