OT: Large files shrinking in Linux?

Hi list,

Excuse me for asking a question which is a little bit off-topic. I recently wanted to transfer a 2,9 GB file from a DVD+R disc to my Linux partition. The problem was that the file seemed to be no larger than about 11 MB! I finally had to boot into DOS, copy the file to a FAT32 partition and then boot into Linux and move the file to the Linux partition. Why is this? I mounted the DVD+R as ISO9660, was this wrong? It appears to have been working before.

Regards,
/David R.